RSK Fingerroot 5.4.0 is Here
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest version of the RSKj client, now available in the RSKj GitHub repository. This update brings enhancements to the client’s JSON-RPC API, such as an improved gas price estimation algorithm as well as Ethereum compatibility fixes, along with upgrades to some essential dependencies.
While this upgrade is optional, we strongly encourage users to update their nodes to the most recent version for an enhanced experience and to benefit from the latest improvements.
What changes are included in RSK Fingerroot 5.4.0?
A non-comprehensive list of changes included in this version is:
- Make the eth_protocolVersion method return values in hexadecimal format in #2134.
- Upgrade RocksDB library to v7.10.2 in #2138.
- Improve JSON-RPC API error handling in #2121, #2130, #2132, and #2140.
- Improve the eth_gasPrice method by suggesting minimum gas prices when blocks are not full in #2176.
- Use cached repository track when initializing precompiled contracts in #2162.
- Return properly encoded values for non-existent keys in the eth_getStorageAt method in #2229.
You can find a complete list of the changes introduced in the corresponding GitHub milestone.
How do I upgrade to version 5.4.0?
There are no special considerations for upgrading to this version. Users are simply required to download and update their RSKj node; no additional tasks are necessary.
RSKj Fingerroot 5.4.0’s sha256 sum is ae80dd4abe7c35cffaa471b7149a34142ad2b845805686cfd5c340e19638ec9f rskj-core-5.4.0-FINGERROOT-all.jar. See the reproducible builds guide for further details.
How do I report problems with this version?
How do I report security vulnerabilities?
If you find a security issue, please contact us at email@example.com, or report it through IOVlabs’ bug bounty program. We reward security experts, software developers, and hackers who dedicate time and effort to improving and protecting the RSK platform.
Do you have further questions?
Please get in touch with us through our Rootstock Discord Server for technical questions and support.
You can also reach out with any feedback you would like to share with us through our social media channels and forums: